Commercial Insulation Estimator
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Insulation Estimator to join our BC team to perform initial specification interpretation, take-off of quantities from drawing, and determine how to prepare cost estimates on assigned commercial and institutional insulation projects.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Review technical specifications, analyzing project scopes, determining materials, assess productivities, review site equipment & facility requirements, and associated costs
- Review RFP’s by downloading and properly storing RFP documents and confirming receipt of RFP requests
- Review RFP’s and identify Scope of Work Documents, General Arrangements, Isometric Drawings, Line Designation Tables (LDT’s), Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), and Removable Blankets Scope
- Performs material “take–offs” and systematically estimate costs by submitting clarification requests to the Client, submitting material discount requests to suppliers, requesting support documentation (from Admin / Safety / Projects), reviewing clarifications, addenda, and revisions to RFQ’s from Clients, and respond to Client RFP addenda and clarifications
- Collaborate with Projects Group while performing material “take-offs” and discuss project works methodologies
- Review estimates to confirm package contains / meets all requirements for the RFQ
- Review completed estimates and discuss estimate inputs with Construction division; answer questions from project team regarding estimate / project clarifications
- Review completed estimates with Estimating Management / Senior Management and provide assistance in understanding work packages
- Ensures estimates are consistent with inputs and actuals from feedback / input from Operations
- Complete estimate turnovers; prepare estimate turnover documents, assist in answering questions from projects team in regards to the estimate and project clarifications. Provide details from estimate to assist operations in preparing project budgets
- Reviews contracts and interprets cost impacts on the Company
- Forward communications regarding client feedback to Estimating Manager and Business Development
- Assist in document management by filing hard and soft copies of completed estimates
- Consults with Estimating Manager, Estimating team, and members of Operations (office and field) throughout all stages of estimating process to ensure accuracy of the estimate, to ensure that labour, equipment and material reflect current pricing, and to ensure alignment with construction costs and timelines
- Attend regular meetings including Estimating turnover meetings, project kickoff meetings, Estimating weekly status update meetings, and office safety meetings
- Participate in completed job reviews to ensure field experience can be compared to the estimate; ensure that estimating team can learn from mistakes / errors, make and identify corrective measures to be made to forecast results.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in commercial Insulation estimating strongly preferred.
- Related post-secondary education is considered an asset (CET etc)
- Ability to interpret drawings & plans is required
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary and benefits package is offered.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Individuals interested in this employment opportunity must obtain the necessary approvals from the Government of Canada – Citizenship and Immigration department, prior to applying for this position. In accordance with the Canadian Immigration laws, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada for employment opportunities. Detailed information can be obtained from http://www.cic.gc.ca
Job Type: Full-time
Copyright © 2020 XIT99 INC